Hermes Fuchsia Twill Silk 90 cm Cavaliers Du Caucase Scarf
This product is sold out
No longer just a scarf, countless creative ideas of showing off these art pieces have been shared over the years, e.g. framed and hung as home decor, several ways of converting it into various fashionable tops and skirts, neckties, belts.
Since 1937, the silk scarves of French fashion house, Hermès, has become an iconic fashion accessory that is recognized all over the world. Hermès scarves and shawls have been collected and adorned by celebrities and royals throughout history, from Audrey Hepburn to Grace Kelly and even Queen Elizabeth II.
Renowned artists are commissioned each year to create elaborate artworks with bright, vibrant color combinations. An individual scarf typically integrates 20 to 30 different hues, each printed from a unique silkscreen process that can take hundreds of hours to complete. Each one is painstakingly screen-printed, with each color allowed to dry before the next is applied. These art pieces have proved to be timeless collectable pieces of history.
Poised between East and West, and between the Caspian and Black Seas, a chain of mountains extends for over 1,200 kilometres: the Caucasus, source of many ancient myths, like that of Prometheus, the fire-stealer punished by Zeus, king of all the gods. Life is harsh in this landscape of tall peaks, deep valleys, forests and barren wilderness, with one of the most diverse populations on Earth. In the north, where Mount Elbrus rises to a height of 5,642 metres – the tallest peak in the Caucasus, Russia, and the whole of Europe – the republic of Karbardino-Balkaria is home to the Circassians, noted for their fine looks, fierce pride and courage. Women hold a place of honour in this matriarchal society. In the past, richly-attired men and women would ride out together on the region’s Kabarda horses, bred for their robust strength, agility and endurance: long tunics for the men, open-fronted dresses over richly-embroidered blouses for the women, each man bearing his silver powder-casket, each woman her finely-engraved dagger… Annie Faivre’s carré is a richly decorative tribute to their culture, strewn with embroidered fabrics, objects and jewellery.
Color: Fuchsia / Rose Vif / Beige
Material: 100% Silk
Production Year: 2015 Spring / Summer
Designed by: Annie Faivre
Country of Origin: France
Hermes Ref.: H002874S 04
Condition: Brand New with Tag in Box. Store Fresh. Will be shipped in original Hermes boutique packaging.
Comes With: Ribbon, Orange Box.
Payment & Return:
Payment: We accept all major credit cards for this item.
Return: We do not accept return or exchange on this item.
Why buy from us?
- All of our items are guaranteed 100% Authentic and guaranteed to be in the exact condition as described.
- Please do not hesitate to hire a paid authenticator. We always provide enough photos for authentication purposes.
- We take our own photos of each and every item. We provide clear detailed photos of the item. Please click on the photo to see the oversized view.
- We only sell items that we have in hand. We never use others' photos and attempt to mislead our customers as if we have the item in stock. If you see it in our store, we have it available for you to purchase unless stated otherwise.
- We have been and still are actively selling Hermes items on eBay for many years. Please feel free to visit our eBay store.
- Feel free to compare us with others. We are confident you will find we are very professional and personal when it comes down to selling luxury items and we put our heart into this business.
Any questions? Contact Us
All trademarks appearing on Maison de Luxe site are the property of their respective owners. Maison de Luxe is not affiliated with or a licensed partner of the brands we sell, however we do guarantee the authenticity of our items. All items are guaranteed authentic by Maison de Luxe.