Purple Twill Silk 90 cm Della Cavalleria Favolosa Scarf
Hermes Della Cavalleria Favolosa Scarf
No longer just a scarf, countless creative ideas of showing off these art pieces have been shared over the years, e.g. framed and hung as home decor, several ways of converting it into various fashionable tops and skirts, neckties, belts.
Since 1937, the silk scarves of French fashion house, Hermès, has become an iconic fashion accessory that is recognized all over the world. Hermès scarves and shawls have been collected and adorned by celebrities and royals throughout history, from Audrey Hepburn to Grace Kelly and even Queen Elizabeth II.
Renowned artists are commissioned each year to create elaborate artworks with bright, vibrant color combinations. An individual scarf typically integrates 20 to 30 different hues, each printed from a unique silkscreen process that can take hundreds of hours to complete. Each one is painstakingly screen-printed, with each color allowed to dry before the next is applied. These art pieces have proved to be timeless collectable pieces of history.
Della Cavalleria is one of the most extraordinary treatises in the history of riding. Written by Georg Engelhard von Löhneysen, it was published in Bavaria at the beginning of the seventeenth century. This work, preserved in the Émile Hermès collection, is illustrated by Baroque engravings that depict, among other things, German sleighs drawn by fabulous creatures and richly adorned horses. Playing with these parties, the designer pushes the extravagance even further, creating a collage of hybrid creatures with the bodies and heads of horses and mythical beasts. And because in 2018 Hermès celebrates the theme of games, Virginie Jamin has wittingly handed a racket to one, a yoyo to another and a diabolo to yet another – creating bizarre associations worthy of a game of “consequences”.
Color: Purple / Parme / Gris Perle / Jaune Souf
Material: 100% Silk
Production Year: 2017 Fall / Winter
Designed by: Virginie Jamin
Country of Origin: France
Hermes Ref.: H003162S 13
Condition: Brand New in Box. Store Fresh. Will be shipped in original Hermes boutique packaging.
Comes With: Tag, Ribbon, Orange Box.
Payment & Return:
Payment: We accept all major credit cards for this item.
Return: We do not accept return or exchange on this item.
Why buy from us?
- All of our items are guaranteed 100% Authentic and guaranteed to be in the exact condition as described.
- Please do not hesitate to hire a paid authenticator. We always provide enough photos for authentication purposes.
- We take our own photos of each and every item. We provide clear detailed photos of the item. Please click on the photo to see the oversized view.
- We only sell items that we have in hand. We never use others' photos and attempt to mislead our customers as if we have the item in stock. If you see it in our store, we have it available for you to purchase unless stated otherwise.
- We have been and still are actively selling Hermes items on eBay for many years. Please feel free to visit our eBay store.
- Feel free to compare us with others. We are confident you will find we are very professional and personal when it comes down to selling luxury items and we put our heart into this business.
Any questions? Contact Us
All trademarks appearing on Maison de Luxe site are the property of their respective owners. Maison de Luxe is not affiliated with or a licensed partner of the brands we sell, however we do guarantee the authenticity of our items. All items are guaranteed authentic by Maison de Luxe.