Hermes Twill Silk 90 cm Le Voyage De Pytheas Scarf - New
This product is unavailable
No longer just a scarf, countless creative ideas of showing off these art pieces have been shared over the years, e.g. framed and hung as home decor, several ways of converting it into various fashionable tops and skirts, neckties, belts.
Since 1937, the silk scarves of French fashion house, Hermès, has become an iconic fashion accessory that is recognized all over the world. Hermès scarves and shawls have been collected and adorned by celebrities and royals throughout history, from Audrey Hepburn to Grace Kelly and even Queen Elizabeth II.
Renowned artists are commissioned each year to create elaborate artworks with bright, vibrant color combinations. An individual scarf typically integrates 20 to 30 different hues, each printed from a unique silkscreen process that can take hundreds of hours to complete. Each one is painstakingly screen-printed, with each color allowed to dry before the next is applied. These art pieces have proved to be timeless collectable pieces of history.
In the sixth century BC, in the narrow inlet known as Lacydon, the Phoenicians founded their first colony, Massalia – the modern city of Marseille. The Greek Pytheas – a contemporary of Alexander the Great and Aristotle – was born there two hundred years later. Eager for new discoveries, he managed to convince the city assembly to finance an extraordinary journey, taking him far beyond the Mediterranean world to the unexplored seas of the far north, in search of amber and pewter. His itinerary established him as one of Europe's first explorers, bringing home a fascinating account of his adventures, of which only a few fragments have come down to us today, quoted by classical authors like Ptolemy. Pytheas writes of the influence of the moon over the tides, of methods of calculating the Earth's tilt and the latitudes of distant lands, of the mores and customs of the Celts and Goths, of the dimensions of the British Isles... Mocked by his contemporaries, his words gradually received the attention they deserve, over the centuries: dismissed as fantastical in his day, they came to seem credible, and were ultimately, largely proven by fact. His incredible journey, reproduced here on silk, is a tribute to the man and his home city of Marseille.
Color: Cobalt / Lagon / Gris
Material: 100% Silk
Production Year: 2014 Fall / Winter
Designed by: Aline Honoré
Country of Origin: France
Condition: Brand New with Tag in Box. Store Fresh. Will be shipped in original Hermes boutique packaging.
Comes With: Copy of receipt per request, Ribbon, Orange Box.
Payment: We accept all major credit cards for this item.
Return: We do not accept return or exchange on this item.
- All of our items are guaranteed 100% Authentic and guaranteed to be in the exact condition as described.
- Please do not hesitate to hire a paid authenticator. We always provide enough photos for authentication purposes.
- We take our own photos of each and every item. We provide clear detailed photos of the item. Please click on the photo to see the oversized view.
- We only sell items that we have in hand. We never use others' photos and attempt to mislead our customers as if we have the item in stock. If you see it in our store, we have it available for you to purchase unless stated otherwise.
- We have been and still are actively selling Hermes items on eBay for many years. Please feel free to visit our eBay store.
- Feel free to compare us with others. We are confident you will find we are very professional and personal when it comes down to selling luxury items and we put our heart into this business.
Any questions? Contact Us
All trademarks appearing on Maison de Luxe site are the property of their respective owners. Maison de Luxe is not affiliated with or a licensed partner of the brands we sell, however we do guarantee the authenticity of our items. All items are guaranteed authentic by Maison de Luxe.